ERA Global Standards Certification provides on-site training and coaching support for companies that are pursuing ISO 14001:2004 certification. Our consultants provide extended support in implementation and/or maintenance of ISO 14001 environment management system (EMS) by developing and writing required documentation, conducting Internal Audits, Training Internal Auditors, training employees to become and remain competent for the Management Review, Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement activities that are required by the ISO 14001 standard.
ISO at a glance
The organization which today is known as ISO began in 1926 as the International Federation of the National Standardizing Associations (ISA). This organization focused heavily on mechanical engineering. It was disbanded in 1942 during the Second World War but was re-organized under the current name, ISO, in 1946. ISO is a voluntary organization whose members are recognized authorities on standards, each one representing one country. The bulk of the work of ISO is done by the 2700 technical committees, subcommittees, and working groups. Each committee and subcommittee is headed by a Secretariat from one of the member organizations.
Why ISO 14001:2004 Certification?
- The certification can help in conserve energy and materials.
- The certification provides environmental cost reduction.
- Provides marketing advantages and demonstrates the responsible management.
- Helps in reduction of incidents and liabilities.
General Procedure for ISO 14001:2004 Certification:
- Prepare documents related to EMS and file application for ISO certification.
- Review of EMS by appointed auditor in comparison to the requirements of ISO
- Pre-assessment of the system by the auditor.
- Actual ISO 14001 audit by the auditor.
- Grant of certificate for ISO 14001 compliance.
- Initial license is valid for 3 years and could be renewed after surveillance audit.
or call us at +91 0120 2696172